Introduction: This blog covers the popular user query on how to upload Google Takeout to new account. If you are also finding the solution for the same, then here you will get a proper answer to your request.
Table of Content
Why Upload Google Takeout to New Account?
- If you have created a new Google account and want to transfer your existing data to the new account, importing your data from Google Data Export is a quick and easy way to import your data. This saves you the time and hassle of manually moving data from one account to another.
- If you have multiple Google accounts, uploading your data through Google Data Export consolidates all your data into one account for easier management and access.
- Uploading your data from Google Takeout to another account also serves as an additional backup of your data. You can keep a copy of your data in another location in case the data is lost or corrupted.
Direct Method to Transfer Google Takeout to Another Account
Yota Google Takeout Converter Wizard is the all-in-one solution to directly upload Google Takeout to new account. It enables you to transfer multiple emails at the same time. Apart from that, you have the option to import only selective emails using the filter option.
No supporting applications need to be installed on the same computer to import and open Google Takeout files. The software makes it easy for you to import any size of the email including all attached information without losing data. Also, it shows you a quick preview of the data in different modes. You also have the option to extract attachments from Google Takeout files as well as extract phone numbers from Google Takeout files in a few simple clicks.
Plus, you can directly import Google Takeout to Gmail account, Google Takeout to Office 365, Google Takeout to IMAP account, Google Takeout to iCloud, Google Takeout to Yahoo Mail, and many more accounts.
With this tool, users can upload Google Takeout data to another account on all Windows-based PCs. It is well compatible with all versions of Windows including the latest Windows 11. Moreover, you can download the trial version of this tool to check its functionality.
Steps to Upload Google Takeout to New Account are as follows:
- Launch Yota Google Takeout Converter and click Open > Email Data Files > Google Takeout File.
- After that click Export and select IMAP option.
- Now, enter the credentials of your new account and click the Save button.
You can also watch the video and learn the steps and features of the tool in detail.
This is the successful way to transfer Google Takeout data to another account in a direct manner.
Moreover, the software is the best option for you if you want to export Google Takeout to Outlook PST file, Google Takeout to CSV Excel, Google Takeout to EML files, Google Takeout to HTML, Google Takeout to Text, and Google Takeout to PDF file format.
Manually Import Google Takeout to New Account Using Thunderbird
Basically, you can import Google contacts and calendars saved in CSV and ICS file format directly. Google provides an option to import these file formats into the new account. Unfortunately, there is no option to upload Google Takeout emails saved in MBOX file format to another account. With Thunderbird, however, this task can be accomplished. Follow the steps below to upload Google Takeout to new account:
Step 1. Set up Gmail with Mozilla Thunderbird
- First of all, launch the Thunderbird application and create a new account.
- To do so, click File >> New >> Mail Account.
- Then enter your name, email address, and password. Leave IMAP selected and click Next.
- Now, Thunderbird will automatically pick up the settings, and select “Create account”.
- In the All Folders area, your account will be listed with all your emails.
- Mozilla Thunderbird is not properly configured with your Google account.
Step 2. Install the Thunderbird “ImportExportTools NG” add-on
- In Thunderbird, click on the Add-ons and Themes from the right-top side.
- Here, search for ImportExportTool in the search box.
- Now, click on the “ImportExportToolNG” and click on “Add to Thunderbird”.
- After adding the extension, close and restart your Thunderbird application.
Step 3. Unzip the Google Takeout Zip File
- Unzip the .zip file you downloaded with Google Takeout.
- After extraction, all your emails are saved in the .mbox file format.
Step 4. Import MBOX files to Mozilla Thunderbird
- In Thunderbird’s Navigation Pane, import the MBOX to a local folder.
- Right-click Local Folders, click on Import/ExportToolsNG and select Import mbox file.
- Select Import directly one or more mbox files and click OK.
- Now, select the folder where you saved the MBOX file.
Step 5. Copy your Email to your Google Account
This is the last step to upload Google Takeout to new account.
- In Thunderbird, click Local Folders in the left navigation pane, then tap the folder with the same name as the labels you want to import.
- Select all emails in that folder, right-click, and select Copy to Gmail account – label name.
Here we have discussed the 2 methods you can use to import Google Takeout to another account. Manually, there is no direct way to complete this task. However, by following 5 different steps with Thunderbird, you can transfer Google Takeout data to another account. On the other hand, the proposed Email Converter Tool allows you to directly upload Google Takeout to new account without any loss.