With just a few clicks, now you can run Ubuntu on Mac and all without rooting the device. You then might be able to run Ubuntu apps on your old Mac operating system.
Why choose Linux?
There are various advantages of using Linux.
- First of all its a powerful operating system in which there is no threat of virus attacks. So you don’t need an antivirus for it.
- There are so many Linux OS distribution for everyone. If you don’t want to use the heavyweight version you can definitely go for a lightweight OS.
- There so many amazing games that only programmed for Linux users. So you might want to run Ubuntu in Mac.
There are so so many reasons that you want to run Linux distributions on Mac. Like you want an experience of using different operating system other than macOS. Or you want to develop an application that should work on Ubuntu. The reason could be anything but the solution to your problem is simple. You have to use a virtual machine on which you could run Ubuntu apps on Mac. And this software is Parallels Desktop for Mac.
How Run Ubuntu on Mac using Parallels Desktop
To install Ubuntu in Mac you first have to install Parallels software and running on MacBook. Then follow these simple steps on how to run Ubuntu on Mac.
Step 1: After launching the program there appears a wizard window, Click Download Ubuntu from free system list.
Step 2: Click on Continue button.
Step 3: Click on Download button
Step 4: It begins to download the Ubuntu files to your Mac.
Step 5: Enter your new password and you are ready to go.
Standard Edition: $79.99 per year
Pro Edition: $99.99 per year
Business Edition: $99.99 per year
Pros and Cons
- Faster data sharing
- High performance
- Easy to use Interface
- Develop & test across multiple OS
- Little bit Expensive
- Sometimes slowdown your MacBook
- High quality Performance: This amazing software does a very good job of allocating resources to Virtual machine. The performance of the apps and files in this platform is excellent. You may not know that you are working on the virtual machine.
- Maximum Flexibility: The flexibility of the software is also good. It is designed for developers, web designers, graphic designers, etc. It will just simplify your work whether it is testing of application or designing a website or playing games.
- Ready for Catalina: The upgraded version of this ultimate software is ready for the highly anticipated mac OS Catalina.
- Simplified Installation: This tool provides a simple yet customizable way to install Ubuntu on Mac. You can use virtual desktops as your OS rather than having to share hard drive space between two operating systems. You just have to install Linux in the virtual machine, just as you would install any OS on a regular computer and you are ready to run Ubuntu programs on Mac.
- Easy Drag and Drop: This software allows to drag photos from Safari and drop it on other operating systems running on Mac. You can preview the screenshots in Ubuntu apps.
- Shared Storage: It is an amazing feature of this advanced software. It allows sharing space for storage services. You just have to simply share Dropbox and iCloud folders between Ubuntu and macOS to keep your files synced.
Installation of the Software
- Double-click the downloaded software installation file from where you have downloaded it.
- Then double-click on the Install button.
- You have to enter your Mac user account password to begin the installation.
- Software is now installed in your system.
Uninstall the Software
Make sure that the Parallel Desktop is not running in the background.
- First Shut down your virtual machine and quit the software that is running on your Mac.
- Open the folder Applications and move the software icon into the Trash.
- Now you can empty the Trash and reboot your Mac.
How to Activate and Register the Software
To use the Parallel Desktop on your Mac you have to activate and register it first. For this follow the below steps:
- Sign in to your account first.
- If you have the password then enter it. If not then select I am a new user. Fill the details and click Create Account.
- Enter your Product Activation Key to activate the software(for the paid version).
You can create an unlimited number of virtual machines from a single license. You will need to provide the required operating system software and license for each installation of a virtual machine.
Parallels offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all software that you purchase on parallels.com.
Well, if you have finished your work on Ubuntu then you can pause stop or shut down your Ubuntu Application any time using Action button on menu bar.
Specification: Run Ubuntu on Mac
macOS Catalina 10.15, macOS Mojave 10.14.6 or newer, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 or newer, macOS Sierra 10.12.6 or newer
500 MB for Parallels Desktop application installation, at least 15 GB for each installation of Windows
8 GB recommended
Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, Core i9, Intel Core M or Xeon processor
Intel, AMD Radeon or NVIDIA