For some people using Apple laptops and PCs is more preferable. But sometimes you need a Windows operating system form many reasons. Maybe you have to run Windows Program on Mac or you need to play games that are only available in Windows but not on macOS. The reason could be anything, but the best way to run windows on mac without any hassle is using windows virtual machine for mac.
How Run Windows on Mac using Parallels Desktop
To install Windows on your Mac you will need a Windows installation source like a DVD disc and a valid Windows product key. And follow the below steps:
Step 1: Open the software in the Applications folder and select File then click on New.
Step 2: For Windows installation insert DVD or connect the USB drive to your Mac.
Step 3: Click on Install Windows from a DVD.
Step 4: It scans and show you the list of installable operating systems. When you see your version of Windows, select it and click Continue.
Step 5: Choose the location for the Windows.
Step 6: Now adjust a few settings required for the installation.
Step 7: Click Continue.
Once Windows is installed, you can start it up by opening a Windows application or by
clicking the power button in Control Center. And now you can run Windows app in Mac without any issue.
Standard Edition: $79.99 per year
Pro Edition: $99.99 per year
Business Edition: $99.99 per year
Pros and Cons
- Seamless data sharing
- Faster performance
- Easy and Hassle-free Installation
- Good integration within macOS
- Little bit Expensive
- Sometimes Slowdown your System
- Run Any Operating System on a Mac: It not only allows you to run Windows on Mac but this powerful software also lets you choose from other operating systems including OS X, Windows 10, 8.1, and 7, Google Chrome™, Linux and Unix, to run side by side with the latest macOS release.
- Retina Display Support: The software looks great on the latest iMac displays and supports mixed retina and non-retina setups. It allows smart resizing and independent screen resolutions for separate displays without hassle. No matter what kind of display you’re using, it just makes Windows look better than ever.
- Optimized One-Click Access: This comprehensive software to run Windows in Mac is dedicated to supporting its customers by making it accessible to everyone with just a single click. Its powerful technology interacts with elements inside of Windows to give you better controls and optimizes your VM settings and performance to give you better accessibility.
- Simplified Installation: This tool provides a simple yet customizable way to install multiple operating systems on your Mac. You can use virtual desktops as your OS rather than having to share hard drive space between two operating systems. You just have to install Windows in the virtual machine, just as you would install any OS on a regular computer and you are ready to run Windows programs on Mac.
- Integrated Experience: This is one of the best software to run windows in mac that allows Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents in Safari to open in their native Windows Office app and it also provides seamless copy-and-paste between Windows and Mac, drag-and-drop file sharing, that require no setup to run Windows programs on Mac.
Installation of the Software
- Double-click the downloaded software installation file from where you have downloaded it.
- Then double-click on the Install button.
- You have to enter your Mac user account password to begin the installation.
- Software is now installed in your system.
Uninstall the Software
Make sure that the Parallel Desktop is not running in the background.
- First Shut down your virtual machine and quit the software that is running on your Mac.
- Open the folder Applications and move the software icon into the Trash.
- Now you can empty the Trash and reboot your Mac.
How to Activate and Register the Software
To use the Parallel Desktop on your Mac you have to activate and register it first. For this follow the below steps:
- Sign in to your account first.
- If you have the password then enter it. If not then select I am a new user. Fill the details and click Create Account.
- Enter your Product Activation Key to activate the software(for the paid version).
If your Mac fails to connect with Parallels Transporter Agent on your Windows PC, then may be firewall blocks the connection to Parallels Transporter Agent. Go to firewall setting and configure it.
Parallels offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all software that you purchase on parallels.com.
Well, if you have finished your work on Windows then you can pause stop or shut down your Windows Application any time using Action button on menu bar.
Specification: Run Windows on Mac
macOS Catalina 10.15, macOS Mojave 10.14.6 or newer, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 or newer, macOS Sierra 10.12.6 or newer
500 MB for Parallels Desktop application installation, at least 15 GB for each installation of Windows
8 GB recommended
Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, Core i9, Intel Core M or Xeon processor
Intel, AMD Radeon or NVIDIA