Are you also having trouble with the error “Cannot Open Particular Outlook Items When Offline”? If yes, then relax here we are sharing the best method to fix this issue. After reading the post at the end, you will definitely get the best solution to fix cannot open Outlook when offline problem. So let’s start.
Undoubtedly, Microsoft Outlook is the best and most widely used email application, both by organizations and private users. It helps users and businesses to manage email, contacts, calendar data, tasks, and much more.
Outlook supports two file formats to store data namely OST and PST. OST file is known as an offline storage table which allows users to work within the offline mode. These files are created when Outlook is configured with Exchange Server. However, while working with the offline OST files, you face many problems such as cannot open particular Outlook items when offline.
Steps to Export Offline OST Files to Outlook PST are;
1. Launch the tool and select OST files.
2. Click the Export option and select PST as the saving format.
3. Browse the destination and hit on the Save button.
To fix this error, we are going to discuss the top 3 methods in the below section. But before that let’s have a look at the reasons behind this issue.
Reasons Behind Cannot Open Outlook When Offline Error
The main possible reason for the error that can’t start Outlook when offline is corruption. Yes, when the OST file is corrupt, you may receive this error message when accessing the OST file.
Now the question arises why the OST file is corrupted? What are the possible reasons for OST file corruption? Some of the reasons are mentioned here.
- Power Failure
- Virus Attack
- File System Corruption
- Outlook Termination
- Corrupted Offline Folder, etc.
How to Fix Cannot Open Particular Outlook Items When Offline? – Top 3 Methods
There are three methods that can be used to resolve the error cannot open Outlook when offline mode.
Here we are going to describe all three methods step by step.
Method 1: Recreate or Rebuild OST File
In this method, you can download the OST file from Exchange Server on your system and export all the data in PST file. After exporting the data, delete the OST file and import the PST file by following steps.
1. In Outlook, go to the “File” menu and click the “Open & Export” button. After select “Import / Export” Option.
2. The Import / Export Wizard opens. Here choose “import from another program or file” and click the Next button.
3. Then select the “Outlook Data File (.pst)” option and click Next button.
4. Now, click the Browse button and select the PST file to export
5. Then select the “Do not import duplicates” option under the Options.
6. Next, select the folders you need to transfer.
7. In the end, click the Finish button and that’s it.
Method 2: Run ScanOST Utility
You can also take the help of the ScanOST.exe tool to resolve cannot open particular Outlook items when offline error. Follow the step below to achieve this:
1. Run the scanost.exe utility.
2. The utility now prompts you to select a profile.
3. Select the profile containing the corrupted OST file as needed.
4. Click the Connect option to work offline.
5. Then select the option as per your needs.
6. Click the Repair Error checkbox to fix cannot open Outlook when offline error
7. Finally, click the Start Scan option.
Method 3: Outlook Offline Data File to PST Conversion
If both the above-mentioned methods do not work and you still cannot open particular Outlook items when offline. Then it is highly suggested to transfer the offline data files to Outlook PST. For this, you can use the best OST to PST Converter for Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and others.
This software lets you export all items from offline OST files with no size limitations and corruption issues. After conversion, you can easily import OST to Outlook 2021 and other versions. With this tool, it becomes possible to repair offline data files and it supports orphaned OST files as well for the conversion.
Here are the some highlighted features of this tool:
- 100% secure with a friendly interface
- Support corrupted and orphaned OST
- Compatible with all Outlook versions OST
- Operable on the latest Windows 11 and others
- Bulk export offline OST files accurately
- The search option to transfer only selective items
There are many reasons behind OST file corruption which cause many troubles for users to access OST files. Now many users are facing cannot open particular Outlook items when offline error and looking for a solution to fix it. Therefore, here we have discussed the top 3 methods to fix cannot open Outlook when offline issue. You can choose any of the methods that best suit you to accomplish this task.