Summary: Have you tried to find the right solution to export Thunderbird emails to PDF? Then you don’t have to worry at all! In this blog, we will introduce you to the two ways you can use to export emails from Thunderbird to PDF file format. So let’s start.
Quick Solution: If you want to save Thunderbird email as PDF with attachments, it is suggested to use Thunderbird Migrator on the PC. It lets you export multiple emails from the Thunderbird account to a portable format in a single click with full accuracy.
Table of Content
Advantages of Saving Emails as PDF File Format
As Thunderbird is a free and popular email client application. It works on Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems to manage emails. The best thing about Thunderbird is that users can access their different email accounts at the same time.
PDF is a well-known document format for saving and managing large amounts of data. There are many advantages of using PDF files and some of them are:
- A PDF file stores text, links, audio, video, images, and many other file formats without any modifications.
- Since the PDF document format is small, it can be easily shared with someone.
- PDF files can be password protected to protect confidential documents.
- This file format can be read on any operating system and device without installing any specific application.
Manually Export Thunderbird Emails to PDF File
Thunderbird offers an option to save Thunderbird email as PDF file using the ImportExportTools NG add-ons. So follow the below-listed steps to achieve this:
- First of all, open your Thunderbird application on the system.
- Now, click on the right-top Menu and select Add-ons.
- Then search for the ImportExportTools NG add-on and install it.
- After installation select the emails or folder like inbox you want to export.
- Right-click > ImportExportTools NG > select all messages in the folder > PDF format.
- After selecting the PDF format, you will get an error.
- Click OK and choose a location to save the PDF file.
Manual Method Limitation
- This method requires installing ImportExportTools NG add-ons.
- Does not save Thunderbird emails as PDF with attachments.
Professionally Export Emails from Thunderbird to PDF Format
Email Migration Tool is the ultimate solution to export Thunderbird emails to PDF with attachments. It is able to export multiple emails from Thunderbird to PDF format at the same time. The software does not need the installation of any supportive application to begin the process.
Moreover, it will automatically detect the default and configured Thunderbird profile directly from your system. Once it loads all mailbox data to the interface, you can choose the folder from which you wish to save Thunderbird emails in PDF file format. You are free to export emails from all folders in a single attempt without disturbing the folder hierarchy and email formatting.
The best part of this software is that it offers many other file formats to save emails. Users can easily export Thunderbird to PST file, Thunderbird to EML files, Thunderbird to CSV, Thunderbird to HTML, and Thunderbird to Text files.
Apart from that, it provides support to directly import Thunderbird to Gmail account, Thunderbird to Office 365, and many other email services. You have to only enter the login credentials of your account to start the migration.
The software is also well-suitable with all latest and older versions of MS Windows including Windows 11, 10, 8, etc. Plus, it can be installed on 32-bit and 64-bit computers smoothly.
How to Export Thunderbird Emails to PDF with Attachments?
Steps to save Thunderbird email as PDF along with all attachments are as follows:
- Download and Install Thunderbird Migration Tool on your computer.
- Afterward, click Open > Desktop Email Clients > Select Thunderbird account.
- Now, select the folder from which you want to export the emails in PDF file format.
- Then click on the Export option and choose the PDF format from the several file formats.
- Finally, choose a destination to store output and hit on the Save button.
Features Provided by Thunderbird Migration Tool
- Simple GUI: The software has an easy-to-use interface that helps any beginner to quickly and smoothly export Thunderbird emails to PDF file format.
- Save Attachments: This is a powerful tool that lets you export emails from Thunderbird to PDF with attachments without losing any information.
- Export Bulk and Selective Emails: It offers an advanced option of saving multiple Thunderbird emails at once. Along with this, users can filter their emails by date range, from, cc, time, and more to export only specific emails.
In the above blog, we have explained the two methods to save Thunderbird email as PDF file. Manually, you cannot export emails with attachments and it required the installation of add-ons. In order to export Thunderbird emails to PDF along with attachments, it is advisable to go with the automated tool.