Introduction: In this blog, we will learn about the best method to migrate Thunderbird emails and contacts to Office 365 by using the powerful tool that is Yota Thunderbird Migrator. Also you will get to know the step-by-step procedure for using the tool.
Nowadays, many users depend on emails for our businesses. And for this we use different email platforms. And Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the most preferred email client across the world. Thunderbird is an email platform that can store users’ emails, attachments, address book, calendar, notes, etc. But sometimes, users need to migrate Thunderbird to Office 365. And, if you are also looking for a reliable and effortless solution on how to extract emails and contacts from Thunderbird to Outlook 365, then read this blog till the end.
Methods to Import Thunderbird to Office 365
- Automated Solution
- The Manual Method
Best Approach to Migrate Thunderbird to Office 365
Yota Thunderbird Converter tool is the perfect solution for importing emails and address book from Thunderbird to Office 365. This is the preferred and most efficient solution for users as it is an error-free strategy and accurate results can be achieved in a short time. The software recommended here can also help you export Thunderbird Address Book to CSV or vCard.
Before getting into the steps, first download the tool for free by clicking the below button.
Steps to Migrate Thunderbird Contacts to Office 365 are as follows:
Step 1. Download and Run Thunderbird Migrator in your PC.
Step 2. Click Open>> Desktop Email Clients>> Thunderbird Accounts.
Step 3. Now, add and preview the files having contacts. Select the Export option and Office 365 as saving option.
Step 4. Finally, hit the Export button to start the process.
So, you have seen that how to import Thunderbird emails to Office 365 using the best Thunderbird Converter.
Manual Way to Export Thunderbird Emails to Outlook 365
This method includes two steps; 1) Export Thunderbird emails as EML, 2) Import EML file to Outlook 365
Convert MBOX files from Thunderbird to Outlook
- First, create a new folder on your system.
- Open Thunderbird in your PC and open the emails that you want to migrate.
- Select your emails and click the Save As option.
- Navigate to the folder created in the first step and save your emails in this folder.
Import email into Outlook 365
- Open the Outlook application on your system.
- You can browse the folder where you want to save Thunderbird emails or create a new folder. To create a new folder, click the Folder tab, then select the New Folder option.
- Then click the OK button. The folder you created will appear on the left side of the email application.
- Then click on the folder to view / open its contents in the middle pane.
- Finally, drag all of the emails from your desktop folder to this folder in Outlook.
- Now you can import this folder from Outlook to Office 365 user account.
Limitations of Manual Method to Import Thunderbird to Outlook 365
- For many companies, the time spent on manual import of emails is really high. It is not only complicated but it can also be quite dangerous too.
- The procedure for importing emails from Thunderbird to Outlook 365 is not straightforward. Moreover, there are many pitfalls that can lead to data loss or missing records.
- Such a task is so time-consuming and requires a lot of manual efforts from IT professionals. Moreover, they need to make sure that no data might be lost during the process as well.
Why Yota Thunderbird Migrator is best?
- There is no need to install any other app to migrate Thunderbird contacts to Office 365.
- The user interface is so simple that anyone can operate the tool without any issue.
- Also, users will get the feature to convert Thunderbird contacts to CSV, VCF or PST file formats.
- There is no file size limitation imposed on the tool that means user can migrate unlimited number of contacts from Thunderbird to Office 365.
Prime Features of Thunderbird Converter tool
Free preview of the uploaded files is available as soon as the Thunderbird emails will be added to the software panel. User will get all the important details like emails, attachments, contacts, calendar, etc.
Thunderbird Migrator gives the user two different options to add the contacts files. One is Add Files and other Add Folder. If user want to add only single file, then he will click on Add File option but if he has bulk files then he should click on Add Folder option to upload the complete folder.
If you have thunderbird configured in your PC, then you can choose Open Configured Account and the tool will automatically upload all the mailbox files into the panel. You don’t have to add the files manually as the tool automatically detect the profiles and add the files.
In this article, you learned about two ways to migrate Thunderbird emails and contacts to Office 365. You may go with the manual method but it is not useful if you have multiple files and you want to export all Thunderbird files to Office 365. But, the above recommended application offers several other options besides bulk conversion. Using this tool, you will be able to migrate Thunderbird emails to PST, EML, MBOX, PDF, HTML format which can be then import to many other email clients. Also, the tool is really safe and error-free and you will get 100% accurate results.