This blog explains how to fix Outlook error 0x800ccc1a when sending or receiving emails. There can be several reasons for this error, so we will describe the reasons and the possible methods to solve this problem.
The sending reported error 0x800ccc1a in Outlook clearly indicates that there is a problem with the specified encryption type. Apart from that, here are some other possible reasons for Outlook send/receive errors:
- Incorrect Port Number
- Outlook PST Data File is Corrupted
Instant Solution: If your PST file is damaged and your Outlook inbuilt ScanPST tool does not work to fix the corruption, then try Yota PST File Converter Tool. This tool is highly advanced and has the capability to repair it without scanpst and Outlook installation.
Major Symptoms of Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a
- Window crashed
- The system freezes for a few seconds
- PC crashes frequently while running the same program
- Every time you open it, an Outlook error message appears in a dialog box
- Windows takes a long time to respond to keyboard and mouse input, or the window moves slowly
Possible Reasons for Receiving Outlook Send Receive Error 0x800ccc1a
Undoubtedly, Outlook is the most widely used desktop-based email client available on Windows and Mac OS. It allows users to send or receive emails and manage daily tasks quickly. However, users often receive various errors while sending/receiving emails that do not allow users to access their email data. Here we have shared the reasons behind Outlook error 0x800ccc1a.
- The firewall prevents communication between the client and server.
- If the encryption type is not specified, you may run into problems.
- If you are connecting using an improper IMAP, SMTP, or POP3 connection.
- Corruption in your Outlook profile is one of the causes of the error.
- If the PST file is corrupted or damaged then you will get this error
- If your system’s antivirus software has email scanning capabilities.
Best Solutions to Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a in Windows
There are multiple techniques that can be used to fix 0x800ccc1a error in Outlook. Here we are going to discuss some methods to solve this issue.
Solution 1: Update Encryption Settings in Outlook
The first way to deal with Outlook Send Receive Error 0x800ccc1a is to reset the SSL setup. Follow the listed steps to perform this task:
- Go to the File menu and select the Info option.
- Then go to Account Settings and click Account Settings.
- Next, click the “Advanced” tab and uncheck “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” in the incoming server (IMAP). Click OK to proceed.
- If you want to keep your server encrypted, you also need to update the port numbers for the incoming (IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP) servers. Enter the IMAP number: 993 and SMTP number: 465.
- Click the Next button and then hit the Finish button.
Solution 2: Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a by Creating New Outlook Profile
- In the Windows search, go to “Control Panel”.
- Select the “Mail” option from the list.
- Then select Show Profile.
- Now, click on the “Add” button and give the name of the new profile. Click OK.
- On the new tab select “Automatic Setup” and follow the same steps to create a new profile in Outlook.
- Select Control Panel >> Show Profiles >> Prompt for Profile to Use >> Click OK.
- Now, close and restart the Outlook application and check if the error is resolved.
Solution 3: Fix Outlook Send Receive Error 0x800ccc1a Using Inbuilt SCANPST Tool
There is a possibility behind this error that your PST file is corrupted. You can fix the corruption using the inbuilt Outlook repair tool. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
- First of all, browse the location according to your version of Outlook.
- In File Explorer, navigate to the Programs Microsoft Office Office 12 folder.
- Double-click scanpst.exe and navigate to the damaged PST file.
- Click on the Start to start the repair process. Also, if you see an error notification on your machine, click the Repair button.
- Once the problem is solved, you will be notified by a message “Repair complete”. Click OK.
What If SCANPST Utility Does Not Repair Corrupted Outlook Data File?
If the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool not responding and you failed to fix Outlook error 0x800ccc1a, then you must go with the professional Yota Outlook PST conversion tool. This will let you easily repair PST file without ScanPST and save your healthy data file at the desired destination on your system.
This is the advanced software that works with each and every type of PST data file which includes ANSI, UNICODE, Archive, Active, and Network. Also, it supports restricted files so you can smoothly open Outlook PST file without password. With this tool, any kind of user can smoothly repair their corrupted PST file without any technical expertise due to its simple interface.
You can simply download and Install this wizard on Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and other versions.
The Final Thoughts
Fixing Outlook errors is a challenge for users as they don’t know the reasons behind them and the solution to how to deal with them. In the blog above, we have discussed one of the popular 0x800ccc1a error in Outlook. We shared the symptoms and reasons for the problem. Also, the best methods to fix Outlook error 0x800ccc1a in Windows have been explained. You can try the method as per your needs.
Suggestion: If you want to migrate Outlook emails to other email clients or cloud services, you can quickly go with the Yota Outlook Migrator tool. It will transfer all your emails directly from the Outlook profile.