This blog discusses the top 2 ways to repair PST file without ScanPST or Inbox Repair Tool. Here we will explain both methods step by step in an easy way. In the end, you will pick any method that meets your needs.
We all know about the PST file which is the main data file of the MS Outlook application. It is used to store complete mailbox data including emails, notes, tasks, journals, contacts, and calendar entries.
There are several reasons why PST files get corrupted such as File system error, virus attack, large file size, etc. And users cannot access their data. In this situation, it is necessary to quickly repair Outlook PST file to recover all data. But this is a very complicated task for the users. To make this task easier for you, here are the best methods.
Table of Content
Quick Solution: To repair PST file without scanpst, you can use the professional PST File Converter Tool. It is designed to quickly repair corrupted PST file and save it to the desired location.
Why Fix PST File Corruption Without ScanPST?
MS Outlook offers a Scanpst utility or it is also known as the Inbox Repair Tool. It is designed to help you repair problems related to Personal Folders (.pst) files. The Inbox Repair Tool is automatically installed with all Microsoft Outlook installation options, depending on your operating system.
There is no way to repair PST file without ScanPST.exe. Undoubtedly, this is a free utility, but it can only solve the problem in the header area of the Microsoft Outlook PST file. It has many disadvantages that make it uncomfortable to use. Most of the time, ScanPST displays an error message on the screen and fails to fix the PST file corruption issues.
Basically, there are two ways to repair Outlook data files without Inbox Repair Tool. One is manual and the second is professional with an automated tool. If Outlook is installed on your PC, use the manual method. However, if Outlook is not installed or you do not want to install it on the system, you can select the automatic wizard.
In the following section, we will inform you about the complete steps of both methods.
Manual Method to Repair PST File Without ScanPST Tool
Here you need to copy data from the old PST to the new PST file to complete this task. So first you need to link the old PST file to Outlook and then generate a new PST file in Outlook. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
- Open Outlook and go to File >> Select Open & Export >> Open Outlook Data File.
- Now, to create a new PST, select New Items > More Items > Outlook Data File.
- Then enter a file name and select the location to save.
- Next, copy the content from the old damaged PST file to the newly created file.
- Select File> Info> Account Settings> tab Data Files> select new .pst file> click “Set as Default”.
- Now, click on the Close button and restart your Outlook application.
Quick Method to Repair Outlook PST File Without Inbox Repair Tool
Yota offers a reliable and excellent PST File Converter Tool to repair PST file without scanpst tool. It allows you to smoothly fix PST file corruption and save healthy PST file to the desired destination.
The tool provides support to repair PST and export it into PST file in a healthy manner. Also, you can transfer data from PST to MBOX, PST to PDF, PST to EML, and many different file formats. It supports all kinds of PST including archive, network, and active to fix corruption. Along with this, it supports restricted PST files and users can open Outlook PST file without password.
With this, it is possible to repair large-sized corrupted PST file without any size limitations. Plus you can add PST files that are created or exported from Outlook 2021 / 2019 / 2016 / 2013 / 2010, and others. You can also download the software on any Windows OS version to repair PST file without ScanPST.exe utility.
Steps to Repair PST File Without ScanPST are as follows;
- Launch the Yota PST File Conversion Tool and click Open.
- Now, click Email Data and add the corrupted PST file.
- Preview PST file data elements in multiple modes.
- Click Export from the top and select PST file format.
- Choose a location to store healthy PST and click the Save button.
Done! In just a few seconds, you will get your healthy PST into your system. Now, you can easily import your healthy file into your Outlook application.
Key Features of PST File Conversion Tool
- Ease of access for a technical or non-technical person due to the simple interface
- The best platform to repair PST file without ScanPST and without Outlook application
- Support password-restricted, active, archive, and network PST files for repairing
- Works with MS Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010 PST file
- Preview all PST file data items including contacts, emails, notes, etc.
- Easily operable on Windows 11, 10, and other earlier versions
Corruption in PST files is a big problem for Outlook users due to which users are unable to open Outlook PST file. In this blog, we have mentioned the 2 best methods to help you repair PST file without ScanPST. The manual method is free but tedious and requires technical skills and Outlook installation on the system. On the other hand, the automated software allows users to repair Outlook PST files quickly without the inbox repair tool and Outlook application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1. How to repair Outlook PST file without ScanPST?
Answer. Steps to repair damaged PST file without scanpst are:
- Launch Yota PST Converter Tool.
- Click Open > Email Data Files > Outlook PST.
- Add the PST file to the software panel.
- Click Export and select PST or other formats.
- Click on the Save button and you are done.
Question 2. What is the alternative to ScanPST in Outlook?
Answer. The best alternative to scanPST is the Yota PST Conversion Tool. It helps you to repair damaged Outlook PST file without any modification.
Question 3. What is the best free PST repair tool?
Answer. Yota is known as the best PST repair tool to quickly fix PST file corruption and save the healthy file in PST and multiple other file formats to the system.