If you want to import PST to Thunderbird without Outlook, then you will get a satisfactory answer here. In this blog, we will show you the simple steps to import PST file to Thunderbird with or without installing an Outlook email client.
Table of Content
Moving mail from PST files to Mozilla Thunderbird is a common requirement for many users switching from Outlook to Thunderbird. However, this process can be difficult if you don’t have access to MS Outlook. Luckily, there is a one-stop solution to achieve this, and this post will walk you through the steps. Whether you are a novice or an experienced user, this guide provides easy-to-understand instructions on how to open PST file in Thunderbird.
Before proceeding, let us know about PST and Mozilla Thunderbird.
PST is a file format used by the Outlook application to store all data items. Outlook allows its users to export emails, contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, and journals to PST file format for backup.
Thunderbird is a free and open-source cross-platform desktop email application used by 25 million users. It’s easy to set up and has lots of advanced features. Thunderbird is available for Linux, Windows, and Mac operating systems.
Directly Import PST File to Thunderbird Without Outlook
Unfortunately, there is no manual method to import PST to Thunderbird without Outlook. Manually you need to first convert PST to MBOX, and then you need to upload the MBOX file into your Thunderbird account. However, the Yota PST File Converter Tool allows you to directly import PST file to Thunderbird without Outlook application.
We understand your problems and provide a direct expert-recommended tool for Windows operating systems. The software supports all types of PSTs which include ANSI & UNICODE, Password protected, archive, and damaged. Also, you can upload PST files of MS Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and other earlier versions without any compatibility issues.
With this, it is easy to open PST file in Thunderbird on Windows 11, 10, 8, and below editions. Moreover, users can import multiple PST files to the Thunderbird account in one attempt.
You can download and install the tool on your system. Afterward, follow the steps below to import PST into Thunderbird account.
Steps to Import PST to Thunderbird Without Outlook are as follows:
- Install the Yota PST Converter Tool and click on the Open menu.
- Go to Email Data Files and choose Outlook PST file.
- Preview data and select the folder from which you want to import.
- Click on the Export option and select Thunderbird from the list.
- Click on the Save button to start the process.
Done! This is how you can directly import Outlook PST to Thunderbird account without installing Outlook and other applications.
In just a few seconds, you will receive a completion message on the screen. Now, you can open a Thunderbird account and review the uploaded data.
Also, watch the below video to learn the step-by-step process of how to import PST into Thunderbird without Outlook.
Manually Open PST File in Thunderbird Using Outlook
- Set Microsoft Outlook as your default program.
- Then open your Thunderbird email client and click on the menu icon.
- Now, go to Tools and select the Import icon.
- Click on Import from Outlook and press Continue.
- Afterward, select the Email option and click the Continue button.
- Finally, click on the “Start Import” button.
You are done now!
Limitations of Manual Approach
- Does not work with corrupted or damaged PST files. If your file is corrupted, then you first need to repair PST file and then import it into Thunderbird.
- MS Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird both email applications must be installed on your system to start the process.
- The latest Thunderbird version users encountered a “Profile Not Found” error when trying to import PST to Thunderbird.
- There is a possibility of data loss if you follow the wrong steps while importing PST file into Thunderbird.
Features of The Conversion Tool
The tool is packed with many great features that users want in their converter tool for Thunderbird open PST files. Here we will mention some of them:
- Direct and Reliable Utility: This is a reliable tool to directly import PST to Thunderbird without Outlook application. It never changes a single piece of information when uploading. You will receive the original before the upload process.
- Works With Damaged File: It helps you to upload damaged PST files without any loss. Moreover, you can upload ANSI, UNICODE, archive, and password-protected files.
- No Outlook Required: This is a standalone tool that lets you perform Thunderbird import PST file without Outlook installation. Also, it supports all PST files no matter which ones are created from which MS Outlook version.
- Support Windows Operating Systems: It is a fully Windows-based utility that allows you to import PST to Thunderbird without Outlook on the latest Windows 11 and other old versions.
- Upload Selective Items: Before starting the import process, you can apply filters on data items and upload only selective ones. For this, click on the Search box and search emails by date, time, attachment, name, to, cc, subject, etc.
You can also free download the tool to test its overall work process. The trial version allows you to transfer the first 10 emails per folder for free. Once you are fully satisfied with it, you can buy the full version to upload unlimited items at once.
In addition, if you have any questions about the product, you can easily contact the customer service team. They are available 24/7 and will give you an answer to your query as soon as possible.
Manually there is no option to directly import PST to Thunderbird without Outlook application. Therefore we suggested the best automated software that enables you directly perform PST import to Thunderbird account tasks. I hope this blog helps you in solving your query related to importing PST into Thunderbird account.