Overview: Do you want to export Thunderbird emails to EML file format? If yes, then no worries! This blog will discuss the step-by-step guide so users can easily save Thunderbird messages to EML format using manual and automated solutions.
Thunderbird is a well-known free and open-source email client application by Mozilla. It works with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems. Mozilla Thunderbird supports .mbox file format to store mailbox data.
On the other hand, EML is a file extension for storing a single email message. Many email clients support EML file formats for saving email such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, etc.
Quick Suggestion: To quickly and hassle-free save Thunderbird emails in EML file format, you can download Thunderbird Migrator free on the computer. It is fully automated and able to export unlimited emails from the Thunderbird account.
There can be many reasons why users need to export emails from Thunderbird to EML files to fulfill their business and personal work needs.
Methods to Export Thunderbird Emails to EML File Format
Here we are going to discuss 3 methods that help you to save Thunderbird messages in EML format. You can choose any of the methods at the end as per your needs or requirements.
Method 1: Export Emails from Thunderbird to EML Using Save As Option
- Firstly, open your Thunderbird application and open the folder from which you want to save emails.
- Then select the emails individually or simply press CTRL+A to select all emails.
- Now, right-click on the selected email messages and select Save as option from the drop-down list.
- Finally, choose a folder where you wish to store the EML files on your system.
Method 2: Save Thunderbird Messages as EML Using Add-On
- In Thunderbird, go to Menu and select Add-ons and Themes.
- Now, search for the ImportExportTools NG and click on Add to Thunderbird.
- After adding, restart your Thunderbird application.
- Then select the mailbox folder that contains emails that you want to save in EML file format
- After that, right-click > ImportExportTools NG > Export all messages in the folder > EML format.
- Now, select the folder in which you want to save the EML files.
Method 3: Export Thunderbird Emails to EML Files Using Automated Tool
If the above methods do not work, you can use the Email Migration Tool that lets you save Thunderbird messages in EML file format seamlessly. The software is simple to use and does not require the installation of any additional application or program to begin the conversion.
It enables you to save multiple Thunderbird emails in EML file format at the same time. Along with this, it provides an option of exporting only specific emails by applying filters according to date range, time, from, cc, etc. Moreover, users can select the desired destination to save the exported EML files.
The software is absolutely safe and does not lose any information. It keeps all the formatting of your emails and folder hierarchy throughout the conversion. Moreover, it automatically detects the configured Thunderbird account from your PC and loads all mailbox data to the panel. After that, you can view Thunderbird emails with attachments before starting the conversion.
With the help of this tool, it is easy to export Thunderbird to PDF files, Thunderbird to PST file, Thunderbird to CSV, and other file formats. Users can download and install the tool on any of the Windows OS versions such as Windows 11, 10, etc. It also works on 32-bit and 64-bit computers. With a simple and graphical user interface, any type of user can smoothly export Thunderbird emails to EML files.
Steps to Convert Emails from Thunderbird to EML File Format are:
- Launch the software on your PC and go to the Open menu.
- Next, click on Desktop Email Client and select Thunderbird account.
- Now, all mailbox data is loaded into the panel. You can preview emails before starting the conversion.
- Then click on the Export option and pick EML format from the several file formats.
- Lastly, choose a location where you want to store the resulting EML files on your computer.
Along with the file formats, it lets you upload Thunderbird emails to several cloud email accounts directly. One can easily import Thunderbird to Gmail account, Thunderbird to Office 365 account, etc.
Here, we mentioned the 3 different methods to save Thunderbird messages in EML file format. You can use Thunderbird save as option or install the ImportExportToolsNG add-on to accomplish this conversion. On the other hand, you can go with the recommended email converter tool to effortlessly export Thunderbird emails to EML files on any Windows PC.