We all know that Outlook is Microsoft’s most popular desktop-based email application. It allows its users to send or receive emails and manage other tasks. Outlook is available for Windows and Mac operating systems. But it is a paid application. There are several free applications like Mozilla’s Thunderbird. It is a free, open-source email client compatible with Linux, Windows, and Mac OS. If you are trying to export Outlook to Thunderbird application, here is the solution. In today’s article, we are going to discuss the easiest and most reliable way to export Outlook emails to Thunderbird along with all attachments.
Quick Solution: If you are looking for a hassle-free and direct way to import Outlook to Thunderbird, Download Yota Outlook Migrator for free. This software allows you to transfer all emails from Outlook directly to the desired Thunderbird profile.
MS Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird both are email applications used for sharing emails. Outlook is a desktop-based application that supports PST files and stores emails, tasks, address book, calendars, and attachments.
Whereas Mozilla Thunderbird is a free and open-source email client and supports MBOX file format. Due to this reason, millions of users are looking for a solution to import Outlook Mail to Thunderbird with attachments. But both Outlook and Thunderbird support different file formats, people are facing difficulty in migration.
Know More: How to Import Thunderbird to Outlook 2021
Let’s have a look at the query that we are getting to perform the migration:
How to Import Outlook Mail to Thunderbird? – 2 Methods
There are two approaches available that you can use to transfer emails from the MS Outlook account to Thunderbird.
Free Method to Export Outlook to Thunderbird
If you have a few files to export Outlook emails to Thunderbird then you can go for the manual way. See how you can do it easily.
- Click on the Start button on your PC, then Go to Default Programs>> Set Outlook your default program.
- Run Thunderbird and click the Tools then click Import/Export Menu
- Choose the radio button which appears next to Mail then click Next.
- Now select Outlook from the provided list and click ‘Next’.
- Finally, click on Finish to complete the import process.
- Repeat the process, to import other items like contacts, calendars, etc.
- Set Thunderbird as your default program by choosing Set this program as default.
Limitations of Manual way
- Need technical skills
- Complex and time-consuming method
- Risk of data corruption and data loss
Alternate Solution to Import Outlook Mail to Thunderbird Directly
Yota Outlook Migration Tool is an advanced and powerful wizard to import Outlook emails directly to Thunderbird profile. The software is able to transfer emails from multiple Outlook accounts one after one. Users can export Outlook to Thunderbird in a bulk and a selective manner.
Furthermore, if you don’t have Outlook on the system and want to import PST to Thunderbird account, then this software will do it too. To do this, you can click Email Data Files and select the PST file to start the process. You can also export Outlook contacts to Thunderbird profile directly.
It is a reliable application that is a fast and secure tool to perform Outlook to Thunderbird migration. The software is well-operable on all versions of the Windows operating system such as Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and more.
The tool support Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and below editions for the email migration process. Plus, it does not have any limitations regarding file size and file numbers. That means you are free to migrate unlimited emails without any fear of a limitation bar.
In addition, if you want to transfer Outlook PST files to other file formats or email services, this software also works as a PST file converter tool for you. It let you import PST to Gmail without Outlook, PST to Office 365 account, PST to Zoho Mail, and PST to Yahoo Mail account.
You can download a free version to understand the functions and work of the tool.
Steps to Export Outlook to Thunderbird Profile are as follows:
Follow the simple instructions to import Outlook mail to Thunderbird profile directly in a few clicks.
- Run the tool and click Open then click on configured Outlook profile.
- Next, click on Export and select Thunderbird as the saving format.
- Choose Thunderbird Profile and hit on the Save button.
Prominent Features of Outlook to Thunderbird Migration Tool
This software is designed by experts who understand your needs and enables you to export Outlook emails to Thunderbird. Due to its crystal-clear interface migration process becomes easy. Some features are listed below:
- Import Outlook Emails to Multiple Email Clients: This software allows its users to export Outlook Mail to multiple email client applications which support the MBOX format. Like you can import PST to Apple Mail, PST to Entourage, PST to Eudora Mail, PST to Opera Mail, PST to The Bat, PST to SeaMonkey, PST to Spicebird, and many more.
- Transfer Entire Outlook Folder: This tool allows you to add the entire Outlook folder for conversion. And you can migrate all the files together. It can migrate the entire folder containing emails, which includes Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items, Drafts, etc., to the desired format.
- No File Size Limitation: Using this ultimate tool, one can easily export Outlook to Thunderbird without any restrictions. You can upload large-sized emails effortlessly.
- Accurate Migration: If you are using this tool in order to import Outlook Mail to Thunderbird, then your data is migrated with 100% precision. Also, this tool is capable of maintaining the original structure, properties, and hierarchy intact without any modification to them.
- Intuitive and Clear Interface: The application comes with a simple interface that makes the migration process extremely easy for non-technical users also. Only it requires following 3-4 easy steps to accomplish the task.
- Outlook Installation Needed: This software is compatible with all the editions of Windows OS. So, one can install or operate this tool on any Windows platform. And Outlook installation is required for the migration process.
- Supports Multiple Services: It also works as PST to IMAP Migration Tool which supports several email services. So you can import PST to iCloud, PST to cPanel, PST to Webmail account, PST to Rackspace, PST to GoDaddy email account, and PST to Horde Mail account.
Demo Version of the Software
Free download and install the Outlook to Thunderbird Migration Tool on any version of Windows and server edition system. The demo version of the utility enables you to export the first 15 emails without any trouble. This demo version is designed for users who want to check the performance of the tool for free. And you can buy the pro version of the product if you find it.
In the above write-up, we have explained to you the complete solution to export Outlook emails to Thunderbird with attachments. This is the simplest method you can follow to export Outlook to Thunderbird as it’ll save your time and effort. Also, it’s a risk-free tool to move unlimited emails from Outlook. And, if you are a non-technical user then the automated tool is best for you.
Q 1. How can I import emails from Outlook to Thunderbird?
A. Here are the steps to import Outlook emails to Thunderbird account:
- Launch Yota Outlook Mail Migration Tool and go to Open.
- Then select desktop clients and then select Outlook account.
- Select emails and click Export then choose Thunderbird as a saving option.
- Choose the Thunderbird profile and hit the Save button.
Q 2. Is Thunderbird email better than Outlook?
A. Well, both applications are good and allow users to manage their email and tasks. For organizational use, it is better to use MS Outlook, which is a paid application. And for personal use, Thunderbird is the best free email application for you.
Q 3. Can I export Outlook emails to Thunderbird with attachments?