Summary: In this blog, we are going to discuss the easy way to create SmarterMail Backup on computer so that you can access your emails whenever you need. If you are looking for the same, then read on and get the complete guide on how to backup SmarterMail emails.
Table of Content
Introduction of SmartMail and Why Backup is Important
SmarterMail is an email server that provides users with a rich and intuitive interface for accessing their email accounts. This mail server can be used both online and locally, so it’s available in both formats. SmarterMail offers multiple security features such as two-factor authentication, custom email domains, team workspaces, group chats, easy-to-use account management, and easy sharing options.
In today’s time, backing up your email data is always a good choice. Backups help protect your data from accidental deletion, server crashes, and ransomware attacks. When users have a copy of their important emails, they can easily access and share them if something is wrong with their accounts.
Quick Way to Backup SmarterMail Emails to Computer
If you want to instantly and safely create SmarterMail backup to computer or external drive, you can free download best email backup wizard from Yota. This software is highly advanced and offers users a facility to download emails from SmarterMail including all attachments. It also does not require technical expertise to begin the process.
The software is powerful to download entire emails from your SmarterMail in their original format at a time. No matter what is the size of your email messages, the tool has the ability to backup large emails with no limits. It gives you the facility to export SmartMail emails to PST, EML, PDF, MBOX, HTML, and other popular file formats. With PST file format, you can easily import SmarterMail to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
Users can save the SmartMail backup at the desired location on their computer or external drive. The tool also provides a simple interface that any novice can understand and backup SmarterMail emails to computer in just a few easy steps. Along with this, it preserves all meta properties, email formatting, and folder hierarchy even after the backup.
You can download the software on any Windows version such as the latest Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, etc. Plus, users can install it on both 32 or 64-bit machines without any trouble. It is also known as IMAP Backup Tool which lets you transfer emails from SmarterMail to various cloud accounts. With this, you can migrate SmarterMail to Gmail or G Suite, SmarterMail to Office 365, SmarterMail Emails to IMAP, Yahoo Mail, Zoho Mail, Outlook.com, Yandex Mail, Bluehost, Cox Mail, Lycos Email, etc.
How to Create SmarterMail Backup to PC in Bulk?
Steps to backup SmarterMail emails to computer are as follows;
- Run the software and go to the Open menu. Then select Email Accounts and choose the configured account or add Account option.
- Enter a valid email id and password of your SmarterMail webmail if you selected Add Account.
- Preview your email data and filter emails as per your needs.
- Afterward, click on the Export option and select the required file format.
- Now, browse for a location to store your emails and hit the Save button.
You’re done now!
Manual Method to Backup SmarterMail Mailbox
SmarterMail automatically creates daily backups of emails, domains, and user configuration files. The archive data folder contains a separate file for today’s archive and a compressed file for yesterday’s and earlier archives. Folders containing archived data are stored in:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterMail\Service\Settings\Archived Data
- C:\SmarterMail\Domains\[domain_name]\Archived Data
- C:\SmarterMail\Domains\[domain_name]\Users\[username]\Archived Data
You can follow these steps to backup your SmarterMail data
- When backing up your SmarterMail installation, include all .json and .dat files in the config directory of your installation path. By default, it is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterMail\Service\.
- All SmarterMail domain folders should also be backed up. By default, SmarterMail domains are located in the C:\SmarterMail\Domains directory.
- This method cannot work if you want to backup multiple SmarterMail data files at once.
- It also takes a long time and requires technical expertise to execute all steps correctly.
- Not maintained meta properties and hierarchy of folders.
Features Provided by SmarterMail Backup Tool
- Simple GUI: The software offers a simple and easy-to-understand interface, so any regular computer can easily access it. No matter how much technical knowledge you have or if you have no technical background, the tool is easily accessible to you.
- Download Entire Emails: It enables you to backup all emails from SmarterMail at the same time. You can back up emails from all folders at once without any disturbance.
- Maintains Data Integrity: This tool provides you a guarantee to backup SmarterMail emails to computer with full accuracy. It keeps all email properties and folder structure intact in their original format.
- Free Download: Users can also try the demo version, which has support for creating backups of 10 emails per folder. The features of the trial and full versions are basically the same, the only limitation is that the free version only supports 10 emails/folder. And with the full version, you can back up unlimited emails.
I hope you learned how to easily create SmarterMail backup on computer. In the post above, we have discussed manual and automated approaches to backup SmarterMail emails. However, the automated tool offers you a quick solution in a few clicks. Or you can choose the solution as per your requirement.