Are you having trouble with the “you don’t have appropriate permission to perform this operation in Outlook” error? Then here you will get the complete solution to fix this error. In this blog, we will discuss the possible reasons and solutions to solve this problem.
When you perform some actions in an Outlook account, you may encounter an error message saying that cannot move the items Outlook you don’t have appropriate permission. These are:
- While opening Outlook PST file
- When Attaching a document from a shared drive
- Trying to delete the email
- While sending or receiving email
- Moving PST file data
Reasons Behind “Cannot Move the Items Outlook You Don’t Have Appropriate Permission” Error
There can be many reasons why you may encounter with an error cannot move the items the operation cannot be performed in Outlook. Some of them are:
- You do not have permission to access the folder
- Your Outlook profile is corrupted
- Corruption in Outlook PST file
- Conflicts with third-party add-ons
Solutions to Fix You Don’t Have Appropriate Permission to Perform this Operation in Outlook
Some solutions can be used to solve this issue. You can perform any solution as per your needs.
Solution 1. Run Outlook as Administrator
You can try running Outlook as an administrator and see if it works:
- Close the Outlook application.
- Type Outlook.exe in the Windows search box.
- Right-click the Outlook.exe option and select Run as administrator.
If this method does not work to fix this error you don’t have appropriate permission to perform this operation in Outlook, you can move on to the next solution.
Solution 2. Change the Registry Key Value of “PSTDisableGrow”
- Press the “Windows + R” keys to open the “Run” window.
- Type regedit in the Run window and press Enter.
- A Registry Editor window opens.
- Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\xx.0\Outlook\PST. Replace “xx.0” with the version of Outlook you are using.
- Right-click PSTDisableGrow and select Edit.
- Replace the value data 1 with 0 in the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value field.
- Then click OK to save the changes.
Solution 3. Check Folder Permission
To solve you don’t have appropriate permission to perform this operation in Outlook error, you can check and modify the folder permission.
- Open Outlook and navigate to the folder for which you want to check or change permissions.
- Right-click the folder and select Properties from the context menu.
- Now, click on the Permissions tab.
- This displays a list of users and their permission levels for the selected folder.
- To change permissions, click the Add or Remove buttons to add or remove users from the list.
- To change a user’s permission level, select the user from the list, click the Permission Level drop-down menu, and select the desired access level.
- Finally, click OK to and close the Properties window.
If all solutions fail to resolve the error cannot move the items Outlook you don’t have appropriate permission, your file may be corrupted. Follow the below solution to fix it.
Solution 4. Repair Damaged Outlook Data Files to Solve Cannot Move the Items the Operation Cannot be Performed Outlook
- Exit Microsoft Outlook.
- Locate the scanpst.exe file. This file is typically located in one of the following folders, depending on your version of Windows. Typically located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OfficeXX.
- Double-click the scanpst.exe file to open the Inbox Repair Tool.
- Click the Browse button and select the Outlook data file you want to repair.
- Click the “Start” button to start the repair process.
Solution 5. Disable Third-party Add-ins
- Open Outlook and click the “File” tab.
- Select “Options” from the left menu.
- Click Add-ins in the options menu.
- Search and select the third-party add-in that may be causing problems in Outlook.
- Click “Deactivate” at the bottom of the page.
- Close and reopen Outlook to check if the issue cannot move the items Outlook you don’t have appropriate permission
What to do if Nothing Works to Fix You Don’t Have Appropriate Permission to Perform this Operation in Outlook?
If all the solutions fail to resolve this issue “cannot move the items the operation cannot be performed Outlook”, then you must try Yota PST File Converter Tool. This software helps you to move your PST file to multiple file formats and email accounts. It lets you repair PST file without scanpst utility and save your healthy file at the desired location.
The tool is also able to auto-detect the default and configured Outlook profile from your system and load all data to the panel. You can save Outlook emails to a hard drive along with attachments. Moreover, the software works with all versions of the Windows operating system and Outlook.
It also helps you to solve Outlook Import Export Greyed Out issues and allows you to move your Outlook items to the desired format.
In the above blog we have discussed the multiple solutions to solve you don’t have appropriate permission to perform this operation in Outlook” error. If all manual solutions fail to fix this error, we have also shared the professional tool here. It helps you quickly fix cannot move the items Outlook you don’t have appropriate permission and allows you to move or export your data items. I hope all your queries like “cannot move the items the operation cannot be performed”, and “cannot move the items outlook private items” are solved after reading this blog.