Introduction: Wondering how to backup Verizon email to PC or hard drive? Then no problem. This blog provides you with the best possible methods to download emails from Verizon Mail to computer.
All About Verizon Mail and Why Need to Create Backup
Verizon was a cloud-based email service provider. However, in April 2017, Verizon announced that it was discontinuing its Verizon email service. If you would like to access your Verizon Mail, you can access your email address via the link https://login.aol.com/ with the AOL Mail service.
There are many reasons why users need to backup Verizon emails to PC or hard drive. Some of them are:
- As we discussed earlier that Verizon ceased its services in December 2017. This is the main reason why users want to backup Verizon Mail to computer.
- After downloading emails from Verizon to their PC, users can easily access their emails anytime and migrate them to other email clients like MS Outlook or email accounts like Gmail.
Methods to Save Verizon Email Messages
There are two working methods to download emails from Verizon Mail to computer.
- Manual Method Using Microsoft Outlook Application
- Automated Method Using the Best Email Backup Wizard
In the following section, we will discuss the complete steps of both approaches. After that, you can choose the method that best suits you and meets your needs.
Method 1: Manually Backup Verizon Emails to PC
- Open your Outlook app and go to the File menu from the top.
- Then click Info and select Add Account option.
- After that enter the email address and password of Verizon Mail.
- Once you configured your Verizon Mail account with Outlook. You need to export your emails to PST to your PC. To do so, again click on the File menu.
- Go to Open & Export and select Import/Export.
- Choose the Export to a file option and click on the Next button.
- Then select Outlook data file (.pst) under create a file of type and click Next.
- Now, select folder or you can select subfolders to export emails from.
- Browse for a destination where you want to save the exported file and click on the Finish button.
So these are the steps you need to perform to backup Verizon emails to PC. However, this method also has some limitations or drawbacks.
Limitations of Manual Solution
- Installation of MS Outlook application required.
- MS Outlook should be updated, otherwise, you may find the import export greyed out in Outlook problem and you cannot export emails.
- Very lengthy and time-consuming process.
- Account configuration requires users to have technical knowledge.
- There is no filter option to export only selected emails.
Method 2: Professionally Download Emails from Verizon Mail
You can use Yota IMAP Backup Tool to save Verizon email messages locally without any limits. This permits you to backup Verizon emails to PC or hard drive without installing any program or application. It is capable enough to download your email messages from Verizon Mail in hardly a few seconds. This is a fast and reliable tool that keeps all your email properties and folder hierarchy intact.
It offers several features to help users to perform this task as per their preference. With this tool, you can easily select all folders from which you want to backup emails. You can also choose only the required folder to save your emails. The software gives you the option to choose a destination to save the emails. It also allows you to move emails from Verizon to Google Mail, Office 365, and many other cloud accounts.
To start creating a backup of Verizon Mail emails to the computer, you only need to download and install the tool on your system. Then enter your account email id and app password. That’s it!
How to Backup Verizon Emails to PC With Attachments?
Steps to download emails from Verizon Mail are as follows;
- Run Verizon Cloud Backup Tool and click on the Open tab.
- Then go to Email Accounts and select your configured account or simply click on Add Account.
- Now, enter the email id and app password of your Verizon Mail Account.
- After previewing emails, click Export and choose the desired file format from the list.
- Finally, click Browse and select a path for storing your emails, and hit on the Save button.
In the blog above, we have explained the two effective methods to download emails from Verizon Mail. The manual method requires the use of Outlook and also requires in-depth technical knowledge. On the other hand, with the Verizon cloud backup tool, you can backup Verizon emails to PC in just a few seconds without installing any program. It also offers a simple user interface that any beginner can easily access.