Introduction: Are you thinking of creating a Pegasus email backup to the computer or local drive? But I don’t know how to do it. Don’t worry this post gives you a quick answer to your request. Here we are going to tell you the best ways to download Pegasus Mail Backup to PC using Manual Method and Email Backup Software for Windows.
Table of Content
Overview of Pegasus Mail
Pegasus Mail is a free email client popular with users who prefer a simple interface. Developed by David Harris and first released in 1990. Pegasus Mail allows users to remotely access their emails via their web interface or IMAP/POP3. Email clients are also known for strong security features, such as support for digital signatures and encryption. Overall, Pegasus Mail is a reliable email client for users looking for a no-frills email experience with robust security features.
It offers several useful features such as:
- Multiple email account support
- Message templates
- Advanced message filtering
- Address book management, and more.
The file extensions in which Pegasus Mail saves data files are PMM, PMI, and CNM, and the default paths for these file extensions are:
- C:\Program Files\PMAIL\Admin
If you can’t find the directory using the path above, follow the below steps:
- Open the Pegasus Mail application then click the “Help” button on the ribbon.
- Select “About Pegasus Mail” then select Info from the dropdown menu.
- Select the “Home Mailbox Location” and copy the path in the drop-down list.
Manual Method to Download Pegasus Mail Backup
Follow the below-listed steps to backup Pegasus emails to another computer.
- Install Pegasus Mail on the new computer. Create a mailbox for yourself.
- Run Pegasus Mail on your new computer and select Help >> About Pegasus Mail. Click the Info button and look for Personal Mailbox Location in the list. Make a note of this directory on a piece of paper, then cancel the dialog and exit Pegasus Mail immediately.
- Run Pegasus Mail on your old computer. Repeat step 2 and note the old email directory.
- Then copy all the files from the directory you found in Step 3 to the directory you found in Step 2. This is usually easiest to do over a network or using a PC-connected program such as PC-Anywhere, but you can also use a floppy disk or backup program.
Automated Solution to Backup Pegasus Emails
You can take the help of the best IMAP Backup Tool from Yota. This is the most secure and fast solution to download Pegasus Mail to computer. It saves all your emails including their attachments with no file size and file type issues. The software is highly recommended by the experts to quickly back up emails from all folders at once.
The best feature of this wizard is that it is easy to install on any Windows version in multiple languages. Moreover, you do not have to install or configure any external applications or accounts to accomplish this task. It gives you a 100% guarantee of successful and safe backup results.
The tool keeps all email properties and folder structure in their original format, so you can easily access your emails. Users can preview all their emails with attachments before creating a Pegasus email backup with all information. It also lets you extract attachments from Pegasus Mail account.
Also, it offers a simple user interface that makes it easy to use without any technical knowledge. The friendly interface makes it a more powerful backup solution for the Windows platform.
How to Create Pegasus Mail Backup to PC?
Steps to backup Pegasus emails to computer in bulk are as follows;
- Install the Pegasus email backup tool. Click Open, Email Accounts, and select Add Account or configured account.
- Afterward, enter the credentials of Pegasus Mail and click Add button.
- Now, view emails in different modes and apply filters for selective backup.
- Then hit the Export option and select the saving option as per the needs.
- Click on Browse and select the location to store backup and hit on the Save button.
Features Offered By The Tool:
- Completely safe and secure from all types of viruses or malware.
- Backup Pegasus emails along with all their attachments.
- Download all email folders in a single attempt with no limits.
- Support all the latest and earlier editions of the Windows Operating System.
- Export Pegasus Mail to PST, MBOX, EML, CSV, PDF, HTML, etc.
- Direct option to import Pegasus Mail to Office 365, Gmail, etc.
- A demo version is available to verify the performance of the tool.
The above blog discussed the manual and automated solutions to download Pegasus Mail backup to computer. If you want to safely backup Pegasus emails with attachments in bulk, it is recommended to use the backup tool. It allows you to download unlimited emails from Pegasus Mail.