Introduction: Are you thinking of switching from HostMonster webmail to the desktop-based email client Outlook? If your answer is yes, then you are in luck because you will receive an appropriate solution to your query. In this article, we will mention the best possible solutions to export emails from HostMonster to Outlook application.
Table of Content
HostMonster vs Outlook
HostMonster offers affordable, feature-rich shared hosting plans for individuals and small business owners and adds free domain name registration on top. Also, it provides a webmail service to manage and access emails anytime, anywhere on the web browser.
On the other side, MS Outlook is the widely used desktop-based email client. It let you send/receive emails and manage contacts, calendars, and tasks. Outlook offers multiple additional features such as:
- Email Scheduling
- Notifications about new items
- Ignore messages
- Attachment reminder
- Clean conversation option, etc.
Methods to Export Emails from HostMonster to Outlook
There are two methods that you can use to migrate HostMonster webmail to Outlook application.
1. Setup HostMonster Account in Outlook Manually (Free)
2. Professionally Export HostMonster Emails to Outlook (Using IMAP Migration Tool)
In the next section, you will get the proper steps of both methods. At the end of the blog, you can choose any which meets your requirements. So let’s start.
Manually Setup Hostmonster Webmail to Outlook
The manual method has three tasks to export emails from HostMonster to Outlook.
Step 1. Get Started
- Open Outlook from the Start menu.
- If you have never used Outlook before, you need to create a new account.
- Under Account Information, click Add Account.
- On the Add Account screen, you can continue with the automatic account setup or manually set up the account by selecting Manual Setup or Additional Server Types below.
Step 2. Auto Account Setup
- On the Add Account screen, enter these details of your account:
- Enter your first and last name of the account
- Then enter your account email address
- Enter your account password
- Then re-enter your password
- Click Next.
Step 3. Manual Account Setup
- In the Add Account window, select Manual Setup or Additional Server Types at the bottom and click Next.
- Then enter your account details.
- Type your name
- Then enter your Outlook email address
- Click the dropdown menu and select IMAP or POP in the Account type section
- Enter Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server
- Then enter your username
- Finally, enter your email password
- After that, click More Settings.
- On the General tab, enter a name to refer to this email account.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab and select the My outgoing mail server requires authentication check box to enable the option to use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab. The server port number you enter here depends on the account and connection type you are setting up. See email configuration settings if needed.
- Click OK
- When prompted, enter your username or email address and password. Check the box to save your password and click OK.
- Now, Outlook tests your account settings and configures your email client to make sure it’s working properly. After the tests have been completed successfully, click Close.
- Click Finish to continue with your account.
Recommended Solution to Migrate HostMonster Emails to Outlook
Yota offers the best IMAP Backup Tool that let you export emails from HostMonster to Outlook data file. As Outlook supports PST file to store all information of accounts like emails, contacts, calendars, etc. This file can be easily imported into Outlook through the inbuilt import option. The software makes it easy for you to securely export IMAP to PST file and later you can import it into your Outlook account.
It gives you the ability to transfer emails from all folders at once without losing the folder hierarchy. Also, you can export emails only from selected folders and save disk space on your PC. If you want to migrate emails of a specific period or date, you can apply the filters. You can filter emails by name, date, time, attachments, etc. Plus, this tool lets you create HostMonster email backup to PC and also extract attachments from HostMonster account without any extra effort.
The software does not lose or store any information about your account in the database while performing the migration. It helps you to migrate HostMonster emails to Outlook with a complete accuracy rate. The tool also lets you import HostMonster emails to Gmail account and import HostMonster to Office 365 account directly.
To start the procedure, download and install the Email Backup Tool on your system. Then follow the steps listed below.
Steps to Export Emails from HostMonster to Outlook PST are:
Step 1. Go to Open and click Email Accounts then select Add Account.
Step 2. Type the Credentials of your HostMonster Account.
Step 3. Select folders, click Export, and select PST from the multiple saving options.
Step 4. Now, select a destination to store output and hit the Save button.
After conversion, you can import the resulting PST file into Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, and other versions.
Also Read: Forward HostMonster Webmail to G Suite
Here we have shared the manual and professional solution to migrate HostMonster to Outlook. The manual method has three tasks which are very tedious and the users need technical knowledge to complete all these steps. Additionally, there is a high risk of data loss or data deletion while adding HostMonster webmail to Outlook. Therefore, to avoid all such troubles, it is recommended to opt for professional email migration and export emails from HostMonster to Outlook quickly.