Are you struggling with how to transfer BTinternet email to Outlook? If yes, then you must read this post till the end. Here, we will discuss the effective ways to transfer emails from BTinternet to Outlook 2021, 2019, and later versions. So let’s start step by step.
BTinternet Mail is an email service provided by British Telecommunications, a telecommunications company based in the United Kingdom. It provides the domain name to allow users to create and manage email accounts. This Internet service provides a variety of features like virus protection, spam filtering, and access to email through webmail and email clients.
Now, let us know the reasons why users want to add BTinternet email to Outlook.
Why Users Want to Transfer BTinternet Email to Outlook?
There are many situations when users need to set up BT email in Outlook account. Some of them are:
- With Outlook, users can easily send or receive emails, create contacts and calendars, and make a list and notes.
- Outlook offers updated features and better security to its users making it the first choice for the users.
- Users can easily do email filtering, email scheduling, calendar sharing, and many other tasks with MS Outlook.
- Last but not least, Outlook can be integrated into other productivity applications in the Microsoft Suite.
Manual Method to Add BTinternet Email to Outlook
In this method, you need to configure both accounts using the inbuilt option in Outlook. So simply follow the below instructions to set up BT email in Outlook.
- In your Outlook application, go to the File menu and then select the Add Account option for adding your mail account.
- Then enter your BTinternet email address and check on Let me set up my account manually then click on Connect button.
- Now, select IMAP under Choose account type.
- After that, enter the following information in the IMAP settings tab: Incoming Server- mail.btinternet.com, Port-993, Outgoing Server- mail.btinternet.com, Port Number-465, and then click on the Next button.
- Enter your BT Mail account password and click on the Connect button to proceed.
- Now, Outlook will begin validating the information you entered in the steps above.
- Once the process is completed, you will receive a notification that your BTinternet account has been successfully added. Then click the Finish button.
So this is how you can add BTinternet email to Outlook manually.
However, it takes a long hour or a day to complete the configuration process. Plus, users must have technical knowledge to perform all steps correctly.
Quick Method to Transfer Emails from BTinternet to Outlook
You can use the best and most virus-free Email Backup Wizard from Yota Software. It lets you quickly transfer BTinternet email to Outlook with ease. This is easy to use and does not require technical knowledge to perform this task. Users are free to transfer unlimited emails from their accounts without loss. It lets you backup BT emails to multiple file formats.
The tool allows you to export BTinternet emails to PST which you can easily import into the Outlook application via an inbuilt feature. It provides an advanced option to move emails from all folders like inbox, draft, sent, and others in a single attempt. Moreover, if you don’t want to transfer all unrequired emails, you can apply filters on emails and move only necessary emails from your account. This tool also allows you to migrate BT email to Gmail account, Zoho Mail, Amazon Workmail, Outlook.com, and many other email accounts directly.
With this, users can easily transfer emails from BTinternet to Outlook without losing the originality of the data. It preserves all your email properties such as to, from, cc, date time, URLs, images, hyperlinks, etc. Also, the hierarchy of folders and subfolders is maintained throughout the IMAP migration task.
To export BTinternet emails to PST for Outlook, you first need to enable IMAP of your BT Mail account and set an app password. Once it is done, you can download the tool on any version of Windows PC.
Steps to Transfer BTinternet Email to Outlook are as follows:
- Install the Yota IMAP Backup Tool on your PC and go to the Open tab.
- Then click on Email Accounts and then click on the Add Account option.
- Next, enter the BT Mail account email address and password to log in.
- After that click on Export and select PST from the multiple file formats.
- Now, set a required destination and click Save to export BTinternet emails to PST.
The tool will automatically start the conversion and once it is complete, you will get a message of successful conversion. Then review the resultant file from the selected destination and import it to the Outlook application.
If you are encountering with Outlook Import Export Greyed Out issue while uploading your file in Outlook, then update your Outlook application.
Here we have mentioned the two best methods to transfer BTinternet email to Outlook application. You can set up BTinternet email in Outlook manually. However, it requires technical expertise and a lot of time. Therefore, to complete this email migration task, we also recommend the professional method to transfer emails from BTinternet to Outlook 2021 and later editions.
I hope this blog is helpful for you and you can now add BTinternet emails in Outlook smoothly.