Introduction: Wondering how to export emails from Thunderbird to HTML format? If the answer is yes, you are on the right track. In today’s article, you will learn various effective ways to convert Thunderbird emails to HTML file format. So let’s start step by step.
Reasons and Advantages of Saving Emails as HTML
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free, open-source, and popular email application. It provides multiple great features that enable users to manage their mailbox data. However, sometimes, users want to save Thunderbird emails in HTML format. This way users can view their emails on any browser.
HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is used to build pages and applications on the World Wide Web. The HTML file has multiple benefits such as:
- Multiple browsers support HTML like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Users can easily view images, links, and other information in HTML file format.
- HTML files can be accessed from anywhere in the world via an internet connection.
- It is easy to edit, understand and use in today’s world.
- HTML is free to use and does not require any software to view and read.
Methods to Export Emails from Thunderbird to HTML Format
There are three methods that can be used to convert Thunderbird emails to HTML file format.
- Using Thunderbird Save as Option
- Using ImportExportTools NG Add-on
- Using Professional Thunderbird Migrator
In the end, you can pick any of the methods that meet your requirements.
Method 1: Save Single or Multiple Thunderbird Emails in HTML File
This method enables you to save a single Thunderbird email in HTML file format. Follow the below steps to achieve this:
- Open your Mozilla Thunderbird application and open the email you want to save in HTML format.
- Then click on the More option and select Save as option from the drop-down list.
- Now, select HTML in the Save as type section and click on the Save button.
- If you want to export multiple or all emails, then simply select them manually and press CTRL + A to select all emails at once.
- After that right click on the selected emails and select Save as option.
- Then choose a folder in which you want to store the HTML file.
Now move to the second technique to export emails from Thunderbird to HTML file format.
Method 2: Convert Thunderbird Emails to HTML via ImportExportTools Add-on
This method allows you to export complete email folders to HTML file format. Follow these steps to proceed:
- First of all, you need to install the ImportExportTool NG add-on on your Thunderbird application.
- After adding the add-on, select the folder that contains emails you want to save in HTML file format.
- Then Right-click >> ImportExportToolsNG >> Export all messages in the folder >> HTML format.
- Now, pick a folder where you want to save the resulting HTML file on your computer.
This way you can export emails from the complete folder to the HTML file format at the same time.
Method 3: Export Emails from Thunderbird to HTML With Attachments Instantly
If you are unable to convert Thunderbird emails to HTML using the above methods, you must try the professional Email Migration Tool now. This software lets you securely save all Thunderbird emails in HTML format with attachments. It also provides an option to filter emails and export only specific emails.
This is an advanced solution that can automatically detect the default and configured Thunderbird account. It loads all data into the panel and allows users to view their emails including all information. No matter how much technical knowledge you have, the simplified user interface is easily accessible for every type of user.
With the help of this wizard, users can export as many and any size of emails. Plus, you do not have to install any add-on or application on your computer to start this conversion. It is a fully independent tool that is capable to accomplish this task by itself with a 100% accuracy rate.
To start with the process, first, you have to download and install the software. After that, run it on your system and follow the listed steps.
Steps to Convert Thunderbird Emails to HTML Limitlessly are:
- Launch the tool and click on the Open tab from the top.
- Now, click on Desktop Email Clients > Thunderbird Accounts > Select desired Thunderbird account.
- Next, select the folder from which you wish to save emails. Or you can export only specific emails by applying filters.
- Then click on Export and choose HTML file format from the various file-saving option.
- Pick a desired destination to store your resulting HTML file and hit on the Save button to begin the conversion.
The Final Thoughts
The above blog discussed the 3 techniques to export emails from Thunderbird to HTML file format. The manual methods are tedious and don’t preserve the originality of the emails. That’s why we have also mentioned the professional email converter tool that allows you to convert Thunderbird emails to HTML with attachments and without any limitations.