Summary: Do you want to migrate Hotmail email to IMAP account? If your answer is yes, then great. In today’s blog, I am going to reveal the best and most successful solution to transfer emails from Hotmail to IMAP account. So let’s start step by step.
Quick Suggestion: Try out Hotmail Backup Tool to directly import Hotmail emails to IMAP account. It supports more than 200 email services to migrate emails. The software lets users quickly transfer emails from all folders at the same time.
Table of Content
Introduction of Hotmail and IMAP
Hotmail was one of the first services in the world to offer free web-based email. It was founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith in 1996 and was acquired by Microsoft in 1997. Microsoft has created a special Hotmail email manager called “Outlook”. Outlook.com was first announced on July 31, 2012. Access to Outlook.com has always been free for everyone. No special upgrades are required to manage your email using Outlook.com.
With IMAP, you can access your email from any device, anywhere. When you read an e-mail message using IMAP, you don’t actually download it or save it to your computer. Instead, read through your email service. This will allow you to check your email from a variety of devices – your phone, your computer, your friend’s computer – anywhere in the world.
How Do I Import Hotmail Email to IMAP Account?
- Install the IMAP Backup Wizard on your system.
- Click on Open > Email Accounts > Add Account.
- Enter the login credentials of your Hotmail account.
- Hit on Export and select IMAP.
- Enter IMAP account credentials and click Save.
Direct Solution to Migrate Hotmail Emails to IMAP
Users can directly transfer emails from Hotmail to IMAP using safe email backup wizard for Windows system. This software supports all email services that support IMAP. It helps users to import Hotmail email directly to the IMAP account only by entering the credentials of both accounts. No matter you are from a technical background or not, the tool has a simplified interface that can be accessed by any kind of user.
This tool comes with an advanced option of migrating multiple Hotmail emails at a time and saves lots of time. If you are one of those users who do not want to import unnecessary emails from the Hotmail account, then it also offers a filter option. Users can filter emails according to the date range, time, from, cc, to, content, etc. With this, you can also download attachments from Hotmail emails quickly.
Using this wizard, it is also possible to export Hotmail to PST for Outlook, Hotmail to EML files, Hotmail to MBOX, Hotmail to CSV Excel, Hotmail to PDF, Hotmail to HTML, and Hotmail to Text files. Users can select the location where they want to save the resultant file on their computers.
Moreover, the software migrate Hotmail email to IMAP account along with all attachments. It also does not have any limitations so users can smoothly import large Hotmail emails without corrupting or losing any information.
Detailed Guide to Transfer Emails from Hotmail to IMAP Accounts
Quick steps to import Hotmail emails to IMAP are as follows:
- Download, install, and run the tool on your PC. After that, click on the Open tab.
- Now, go to the Email Accounts and select Add Account option to continue.
- Enter the email address and password of your Hotmail account then click on the Add button.
- After adding the credentials, all your account email data will automatically load into the interface. Then you can select the folder from which you wish to import emails.
- If you wish you can search and filter your emails to migrate only specific emails from the Hotmail account.
- Then click on Export from the top and select IMAP from the list of several saving options.
- Enter the credentials of your IMAP account and hit on the Save button to begin the IMAP migration task.
In the blog above, we explained how to migrate Hotmail emails to IMAP account directly. You can transfer emails from Hotmail to IMAP account using our recommended IMAP to IMAP migration tool. Users can also try the demo version which supports initial email import from any folder.
Q 1. Can I import Hotmail emails directly into an IMAP account?
A. Yes, with the recommended email archiving tool, you can import Hotmail emails to IMAP account directly.
Q 2. Does the tool allow migrating multiple emails from Hotmail to IMAP?
A. Yes, you can transfer as many emails as you want from Hotmail account to IMAP account.
Q 3. Is it possible to transfer certain emails from the Hotmail account?
A. Yes, the software provides you with a filter option that allows you to filter emails as per your need and only migrate specific emails from Hotmail.